Dehumidifiers

LARGE DESICCANT DEHUMIDIFIERS

Optimal Drying Systems offers large capacity desiccant dehumidifiers, ideal for water damage restoration applications. They utilize advanced desiccant technology to provide a low-dew point air stream that acts as a sponge to pull moisture from building materials that have come in contact with water due to storms, floods, fires and pipe failures. Desiccant dehumidifiers are utilized for humidity control in buildings, operating alone or combined with other air-treatment components such as air conditioners, heaters, and HEPA filtration units. These versatile dehumidifiers provide a condensation-free environment in a wide range of commercial and industrial applications.
 
  

 
LARGE DESICCANT HUMIDIFIERS utilize a solid desiccant rotor, consisting of stabilized silica gel bonded to a low specific-heat substrate, which is slowly rotated by a drive motor. As the rotor turns, it absorbs moisture from process air that is ducted to the unit and blown through approximately 70% of the rotor surface. This produces very dry discharge air with extremely low relative humidity, which is ducted to the area being treated to facilitate drying or other moisture control applications. Heat is applied to the remaining 30% of the rotor surface to “reactivate” the desiccant material and the resulting wet air discharge is vented outside. Many advanced features are included to provide precision control and maximum operating efficiency, including microprocessor controllers that maintain a constant burner-output temperature, communication ports for rapid startups and diagnostics and combination circuit breaker/overload/starters for blower motors, Electric, gas and combination electric/gas (natural gas/propane) reactivation types are available. All models require electric power to energize the controllers and blower motors.
 
  • 600 CFM and 1,000 CFM models
    operate on 230V single-phase
    power, ideal for residential applications.
    Compact, caster-mounted units designed
    for indoor/outdoor use.
     
  • 2,000 CFM models are available with
    diesel-fueled reactivation
   
  • 5,000 CFM models are available with
    diesel-fueled reactivation. They require
    240V single-phase electric power.
    Mounted on trailers.
 
  • 15,000 CFM models are available with
    diesel-fueled reactivation. They require
    240V 3-phase electric power. Mounted
    on galvanized steel skids with forklift
    pockets for outdoor use.

Articles

Browse our library of flooring articles for helpful tips and news on all the products you need.

Decorating With Blue

Create a Warm, Serene Space with Blue

Getting Started

A guide through new floor shopping and preparing to go in-store

Loop Vs Twist

The advantages of loop and twist carpet styles.